In our home we use a lot of citrus oils almost daily for something. They are happy, cheerful and uplifting regardless of how we are using them and I never run out of ways to incorporate them into new things I’m doing.
Off the top of my head we currently have all of these in our home, opened and being used:
- Wild Orange
- Citrus Bliss
Yes, we really do use them all and I’m probably forgetting a couple!
These oils are usually relatively inexpensive compared to other oils and with the option to apply aromatically, topically and internally you can’t go wrong with a little indulgence in this area of oils.
Even if you are not a fan of a particular type of citrus, like I do not like the taste of grapefruit, the variations between the different citrus essential oils give you options to enjoy citrus without the intensity you may get from one of them. By the way I do like the grapefruit essential oil but when I eat a real grapefruit its like taking a spoonful of pepper to my tastebuds so thankfully the oil does not do that and I can happily drop it in my diffuser or drinking water free of pepper taste.
The beauty of the citrus family of essential oils is their multitude of uses! Here are some of our favorites:
- Tangerine and Balance diffused to create a positive and cheerful scent in my home office. It’s actually one of my favorites to diffuse while at work
- Wild Orange and Peppermint is another diffuser favorite of mine while working and needing to focus on tough tasks
- Lemon I like to drop into my water for a refreshing drink throughout the day and I use this particular oil for surface cleaning, laundry and for freshening a room with the diffuser for a just been cleaned smell. Lavender-Lemonade made with Lemon and Lavender oils is awesome too!
- Lime is excellent for memory, exhaustion and depression. It is wonderful used in the diffuser alone or with Balance, Peace or Myrrh
- Pettigrin is another diffuser oil for when you’re angry, frustrated and upset. Mix with a little Breathe in a diffuser or warm bath to reset
- Lemongrass is wonderful in a veggie capsule to work on cholesterol levels, gas, constipation and kidney stones and infections. Lemongrass is also a good diffused oil for when you feel blocked in thought and need to sort through information.
- Grapefruit is great for acne treatment, oily skin control, sugar cravings, fatigue (emotionally and physically) and needing an emotional boost. Diffuse with Peppermint, Rosemary or Basil
- Kumquat is a unique blend that is what I use when I want something different and interesting. It is helps with energy levels when its a gray day out
- Citrus Bliss is an oil blend of a wonder. When I diffuse it I feel colorful and happy
With the citrus oils especially you must watch sun exposure after use on your skin and hair. These oils may make you more sensitive to the sun for burning.
Also with citrus oils it is highly recommended you dilute when applying them to your body or taking internally.
If you are new to oils I recommend spending some time getting to know the citrus oils. They are a lot of fun and blend well with other oils.
Interested in more?
If you would like to try essential oils or have questions, please let me know. I’m happy to help you find the oils that are right for you.
Enroll and purchase at: my.doterra.com/dragonspitapothecary