I am participating in and supporting my doTerra team in constructing a Facebook training camp on essential oils. It’s a go at your own pace group to help new users understand the oils and correctly use the ones they’ve purchased. I love the support and enthusiasm of this team in continually thinking of how to expand and support everyone’s oil use knowledge and welcome newcomers joining us.
In my own reflection of this camp, I started thinking about some of the unique ways I use oils and how my own experience with them has expanded since I first started using them. There’s always so much more to explore with oils and while I feel very knowledgeable in a lot of areas there’s always more to learn
It is comforting to know that with a moderate level of knowledge I can keep my family healthy, our home clean and spend a lot less on doctors and cleaners to accomplish these things.
In addition to using our diffusers and applying oils to our person I have found some creative ways to use oils including:
- Peppermint inside my motorcycle helmet. Peppermint helps with focus and attention so it seems a handy place to use it when I’m on a ride. 2 drops in the liner
- A drop of Peppermint in my coffee or hot chocolate for a great twist – 1 drop is all
- My new hand warmers containing Sunny Citrus. See prior blog for details. It is uplifting and positive while keeping your hands toasty warm
- Washing machine de-gunking using white vinegar and Purify. Breaks down the gunk in the soap and softener compartments
- Purify in the laundry to work on the really dirty, smelly loads
- Lavender lemonade. Very divine
- Frankincense and Melaleuca on my face daily to help with acne, wrinkles and tone
- Soaps – we have been making our own! My favorite so far is the Rosemary-Lemon Oatmeal soap
- Lotion bars – I’m putting OnGuard in these to help kill germs while we moisturize our hands
- Lips – I made some lip balm with Lavender and Peppermint.
- Beard balm – conditions and softens my husband’s beard – I put Siberian Fir and Patchouli in the mix
- Headache balm – this is a mix of Peppermint, Lavender and Frankincense with melted beeswax. Super simple and effective.
- Counter top cleaner – simple Lemon and water – ok this one isn’t that unique but the cleaner is fabulous! I also like to use Melaleuca on the bathroom counters to kill germs in between cleanings.
- Melaleuca on the home’s air filters to purify the air and control allergens throughout the house
- Lemongrass, Basil, Marjoram and Myrrh for hypothyroid support
- Geranium in my night facial cream
And this is only the highlights of how we’ve incorporated oils into our home! Check out my Pinterest board for many more ideas, recipes and ways to use essential oils.
What are some of the unique ways you use essential oils?
Interested in more?
If you are new to essential oils or don’t know where to start, let me help! I will happily answer any questions, offer suggestions and refer you to resources to support your oil journey. Reach out to me via this blog or email at email@example.com
If you’re going to use essential oils, then make sure the oils you use are pure so you know you are getting your money’s value. doTERRA’s oils are 100% pure and locally sourced around the world where the plants thrive naturally. doTERRA never uses synthetics, chemicals or fillers in their oils. Get yours through my website at my.doterra.com/dragonspitapothecary
Prefer not to pay retail for your oils? Contact me for details. You do not have to sell oils, unless you want to, to enjoy the benefits of wholesale membership. Get access to free products of the month, sales and specials with your membership.